Pest control is an important service that protects your house and loved ones from harmful pests. However, before you contact a pest control expert, ensure you know what they do and how they perform their job. In general, providers of pest control in olympia, wa provide different services meant to keep homes free of pests. Common pests include ants, spiders, rats, mice, and termites. The right pest control treatment for your pest issue depends on the kind of pests you are dealing with and the severity of the infestation. The majority of providers will inspect your house first and determine any possible problem areas. Then, they will build a plan tailored to your specific needs.
Common Pests that Pest Control Companies Target
Pests are not made equal and not all pest exterminators will target each kind of pest. Some of them concentrate on general prevention while others treat certain pests. Pest control technicians often provide services such as termite control, spider control, bed bug control, and rodent control. They employ different ways to keep pests at bay including the following:
- Pest extermination. This service includes the use of chemicals or other methods to get rid of home pests. This is vital when you are already dealing with an infestation. Typically, an exterminator will inspect your house to determine the extent of the infestation and get rid of it.
- Pest prevention. This approach is meant to help prevent the entry of pests into your house. Often, it includes barrier installation or the use of repellants to control pests. This is an ideal service for those who are at risk of an infestation and wish to avoid it.
- Pest management. This service combines pest extermination and prevention. This is a great option if you have had pest issues before or live in an area prone to infestations.
Pest Extermination Methods
The following are methods that pest control experts use to get rid of pests:
- Chemical sprays. This includes spraying your house with chemicals that repel or kills pests. But this comes with possible health risks when not used properly. Pest control technicians take precautions to reduce the risks.
- Fumigation. This includes pumping an infested area with pesticide gas to eliminate the pest issue inside. Professionals use this in extreme scenarios.
- Traps. Pest control technicians might use traps depending on the kind of pests you have at home. Traps can effectively catch unwanted pests when used by experienced professionals.